The mission of Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Northern Illinois, Inc. is to improve the quality of life in our community by promoting financial responsibility through counseling, education and debt management services.
CCCS serves all clients regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, family status or physical or mental disability.
We have counseling locations in McHenry, Kane, and Lake Counties. Please call for further information: 815/338-5757.
What Does Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Northern Illinois Offer?
- Confidential credit and debt counseling designed to organize your income and expenses and get you on the road to financial stability.
- Debt Management Programs to help you repay your unsecured debt with lower interest and fewer fees.
- Budgeting and Credit classes to teach you how to manage your financial affairs and avoid common money-handling mistakes.
- Pre-purchase homebuyer classes to help you decide whether homeownership is the best decision for you. These classes may also qualify you for substantial down payment assistance programs.
- Free Mortgage Default and Foreclosure Prevention Counseling enabling you to retain homeownership if you are able to make the regular payments going forward.
- Reverse Mortgage Counseling for seniors desiring to stay in their homes by using their equity to produce lump sums for current needs, annuity payments and lines of credit for ongoing needs.
- Pre-filing Bankruptcy Counseling, now mandated by the U.S. Trustee, to provide options to bankruptcy.
- Pre-discharge Bankruptcy education, mandated by the U.S. Trustee, to help avoid recurring bankruptcies.
- Credit Report Analysis and Counseling.