Financial Counseling: A Better Path to Fiscal Success
Do you feel as if you’re drowning in a sea of debt? Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Northern Illinois is here to help you!
At CCCS, we take a holistic approach to financial counseling. We examine not only the economic situation but the overall factors that may have contributed to it. Through this analysis, we develop a personalized plan for monetary success. We also offer courses and workshops for financial literacy to prepare you for your financial future.
Our goal is to provide you with accurate information and options available to solve your financial problems.
What’s Included in Financial Counseling?
Our financial counseling services cover a wide range of options for everyone, no matter their financial situation. Our one-on-one sessions with certified counselors include:
- Budget and Credit Counseling
- Debt Management Programs
- Credit Score Improvement Counseling
- First-Time Homebuyer Counseling
- Mortgage Default and Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
- Reverse Mortgage Counseling
- Pre-Filing Bankruptcy Counseling
- Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy Counseling
We also believe in supporting our community. Therefore, we offer educational workshops to groups and organizations. They include:
- Developing Sound Financial Skills
- Understanding Credit Reports & Scores
- The Real Cost of Home Ownership
- Ins and Outs of Personal Bankruptcy
- Student Loan Repayment Challenges
- Renter’s Rights and Responsibilities
- Understanding Reverse Mortgages
- Facing Retirement Challenges
- Budgeting for the Holidays
How Much Does Financial Counseling Cost?
We have many different programs that fall under financial counseling. As a non-profit agency, we often have grants to cover the cost of counseling, making our services available at no cost to you. No one is denied services due to inability to pay a fee.
Our no-fee services include:
- Credit Counseling (Donations accepted)
- Housing Counseling
- Pre-Purchase Counseling
We also offer tools and resources for further financial education. Our goal with these courses is to lay the groundwork for long-term monetary success.
Here is a list of our education courses and the cost of each course:
What are the Benefits of Financial Counseling?
Having a thorough plan for dealing with overwhelming financial difficulty can be a source of great relief. It can also put you on a better path financially.
Here are just a few of the benefits of our services:
- Better credit score
- Housing and loan opportunities
- Freedom from creditor calls
- More manageable payments
- Peace of mind for your financial situation
Our goal is to set up our clients to be on the best possible path of success. Our counseling, classes and courses allow you to have the skills, the knowledge and the tools to continue on the right track.